Avocado & Chicken Wrap
Yields: 8 servings | Calories: 238 | Total Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 499mg | Carbohydrates: 23g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 14g | SmartPoints: 7
- 2 chicken breast, on the bone
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teasoon chili powder
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 cups chopped bibb lettuce, optional romaine heart
- 1 (15-ounce) can refried beans
- 1/2 cup salsa, no sugar added
- 8 (8-inch), whole grain tortillas (recipe for homemade tortillas)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel. Brush chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and chili powder. Place in an oven-safe pan, cover, and bake 1 hour, or until juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
- Remove chicken from the oven and allow to cool until it can be handled. Remove skin and discard.
- Remove chicken from the bone and shred into strips, using a fork or hands.
- While the chicken is cooling mash with a fork, chopped avocado, remaining salt and pepper, and lime juice. Pour refried beans into a saucepan, place over medium-low heat and cook just until hot.
- Warm tortillas on a dry skillet over medium heat, for about one minute per side, or just until warmed through. Spread over warm tortillas, equal amounts of refried beans, salsa, lettuce, shredded chicken pieces, tomatoes, and scallions. Top each with mashed avocado mixture. Tuck the end under and roll each wrap to serve. Enjoy!
- Optional toppings: Green yogurt or sour cream, grated cheddar cheese.
Video: Avocado Chicken Burritos with Cilantro Sauce
Top 60 Prom Hairstyles and Makeup Looks for 2014
23 Amazing Benefits Of Eucalyptus Oil For Skin, Hair Health
15 Chic Little Red Dresses You Can Wear Any Time, AnyPlace
Keep mushrooms in their package
Steamed Salmon With Snow Peas II
Kylie Jenner Net Worth: All the Ways She MakesMoney
How to Make a Tragedy and Comedy Mask Out of Paper
Watch Out For the Silent Heart Attack
If you are going to eat a lot of sugar, there are some ways to minimize the impact
A New Birth Control Method Prevents Pregnancy AND STDs
How to Care for a Goat
Buttermilk Angel Biscuits
Usain Bolt Could Be Coming To The A League...But Is He Good Enough