Fresh Summer Fruit Salad with Basil Syrup
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 3/4 cup | Calories: 128 | Total Fat: 1 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 2 mg | Carbohydrates: 32 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 25 g | Protein: 2 g | SmartPoints: 7
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn to half
- 1/4 cup (blonde) coconut palm sugar or organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered or halved depending on the size
- 4 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 4 oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup dried goji berries
- Fresh basil or mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Over medium heat, in a small pot, mix the basil, sugar and water. When it boils, turn down the heat to low and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until it reaches a syrupy consistency.
- Discard the basil and transfer the syrup to a small bowl or jar if you are storing it. Let it cool. Refrigerate if you are not using it immediately.
- In a small bowl, mix the goji berries, 3 tablespoons of the basil syrup and 3 tablespoons of water to soften them.
- In four indiividual bowls, distribute the fruits and softened goji berries.
- Sweeten with the basil syrup.
Video: Cinnamon Basil Fruit Salad by Chef Lee Anne Wong
Costume National FallWinter 2019RTW – MFW
What This Couple Found Inside a 50-Year-Old Safe Hidden Behind Their Wall Is Straight Out of a Movie
Kiwifruit: Nutrition Facts
Wild Rice and Basmati Dressing with Sausage and Sage
Systane Preservative Free
Trendy And Super-Cute Nail Designs For Short Nails
Benj Pasek and Justin Paul are writing new music for the movie
Yeezy Season 2: Kanye West’s SpringSummer 2019 Collection
12 Compelling Arguments to Never Give Another Blow Job
What women need to know about Pap smears