How to Be a Preppy Beachy Girl
Shop at places like Abercrombie, Hollister, Aeropostale, and American Eagle, if you want to be stereo-typically preppy.If you want to be a traditional prep, then you should buy things from Gap, US Polo Assn., Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, Vineyard Vines, etc. Some of the clothes are a little pricey, but when you save up money for a month or two, you end up getting a lot of things. Remember, quality over quantity. Forever 21 and Wet Seal are budget friendly, and have cute preppy accessories like wooden necklaces and rustic things, and shell necklaces. Or, you can make your own shell necklaces. But, buy one pair of pearl earrings, one shell necklace, and bangles.
When you are buying the clothes, you'll have to buy these very important items that should be in your preppy closet:
- Polo shirts of any solid color. The colors should be either bright or pastel.
- 2-3 pairs of Different jeans (get one destroyed, at least 1 skinny leg and 1 boot leg)
- Many simple T shirts with a logo or name of the the store (for stereotypical prep)
- Flats (with a little bow are adorable)
- Thongs (shoes) and sandals are a must!
- Canvas shoes (like the ones from Rocket Dog or Toms and in tan and/or white)
- Different colored tanks, in colors like white, grey, blue, yellow, red, orange, purple, green, and black.
- Bermuda shorts in patterns like stripes, plaid, gingham, solid, or madras
- Hoodies with college name(ideal would be an Ivy League university hoodie) name on it, without zipper. Also get some tracksuit jackets that have a zipper.
- Some beachy clothes like board shorts and shirts to go with them in beachy colours- yellow, orange, blue, green, purple, pink, coral, white, red, etc.
The tanks are used for layering.You can layer your tees, polo shirts, or even two tanks alone.
The look is simple; Just the polo/T shirt over a tank top with the bottoms and some shoes.
If you don't have a lot of money, you can get some cute accessories like stud earrings that are like seven bucks at Claire's, Rustic wooden long necklaces (Forever 21), Surf type shell necklaces (Pac Sun, Claire's), silver, pearl, and other fish, shell, and sand dollar jewelry.
Buy pearl earrings.They can either be pearl studs or pearl dangles. Pearls are from the beach, thus they are beachy.
Buy wooden bangles.You can also buy silver and gold bangles. With thick wooden ones, only wear two at a time. For the thinner silver and gold ones, layer on 5-8 at a time.
Make a shell necklace.Get a piece of natural looking brown cord. Then, string on 2 wooden beads. String on 1 shell with a hole in it. Finally, string on 2 more wooden beads, the same as the first two. Make sure they fit around your neck and match. It is best if the shall already had a hole in it. Wear only one of these at a time. You can make several to mix and match.
Buy a few headbands.Buy them in beachy colors. They should also be either solid, have a small bow, or collegiate looking stripes.
Manage your hair in laid-back or preppy styles.You can also style it in waves, straight, ponytails, pigtails, braids, and half ups. It should usually be straight, yet occasionally in beachy waves. Wash it with a keratin infused shampoo and conditioner. Use a straightening balm afterwards if you are styling your hair straight. Or, spray sea salt spray into your hair for beachy waves. Apply a hair mask once a week. Get highlights if you can or use some lemon/lime juice on your hair for blonde highlights, cinnamon for reddish brown and blonde highlights, or a marker for unnaturally colored highlights.
For your nails:do a French manicure or for an edgy look go for teal or purple. You can also paint your nails pale pink or nude. Give yourself a manicure and pedicure once a week.
- Shave or remove all unnecessary body hair like upper lip, armpits, legs, eyebrows must be neat and clean, and bikini wax would be good in summer season.
Take care of your teeth as if they are your most priced possession.Brush every day 2-3 times. Floss after lunch and dinner and carry breath mints or gum in your tote bag. Use a mouthwash if your breath is super stinky.
- Clean your ears everyday right after you get out of the shower in the morning with a cotton swab. Wash your face with an acne face wash, apply toner, and moisturize. Give yourself a facial once a week. Exfoliate yourself with a body brush everyday before a shower. Use a spot cream on any pimples. Apply a nice lotion to your whole body after your shower.
Get a tan.When you have some color you automatically look healthier. Tan every time you go to the beach in the summer so you have a nice color. By the time of the next school year, you should be as tan as can be.
Have a plan on Fridays to go out with friends to the movies, to go out to eat, or to shop.You should also hang out with your friends everyday at school and at lunch.
Have a nice ride and be nice to everyone.Make sure you are the nicest girl at school. You should always treat people with respect. Be peppy, outgoing, bubbly, and kind.
Live life to the fullest.Live in the present. Live like there is no tomorrow.
Be sporty.Participate in two sports, one preppy and one popular. Preppy sports are swimming, rowing, lacrosse, polo, tennis, golf, track and field, dance, and volleyball. Popular sports are softball, soccer, cheerleading, volleyball, basketball, and most sports offered by school.
Be active.Participate in sports. Exercise every single day of your life. You should be extremely fit and active. You should be flexible, fast, strong, good at tumbling, and very agile. You should get into a daily exercise routine. Include yoga, cardio, stretching, strength training, tumbling, and your sport.
Be beachy.Hang out at the beach in your free time, swim in the pool, swim in the ocean, take baths, etc. You should also drink lots of water, eat seafood, and eat naturally. Take salt water baths occasionally, be a strong swimmer, and have a beach themed room.
Be preppy.Be confident and have a high self-esteem. Hold your head high, have good posture, be happy, and talk in a quiet confident voice. Be classy, polite, pleasant, be a straight A student, don't be tacky or a snob. Be nice, full of smiles, pleasant, helpful, and full of conversations.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- If you have a community beach you could always go to with your friends, you could make an area on the beach that would be a meeting area.
- Get a tan! (but avoid tanning beds or too much sun, you don't want to damage your healthy skin!)
- Don't apply too much makeup- it will make people feel uncomfortable around you, and you don't want that if you are aiming for a laid-back look!
- If you are not feeling yourself or dislike the look go back to how you were instantly.
Video: PREPPY GIRLS GUIDE!! TOP 15 PREPPY FAVORITES & ESSENTIALS || Kellyprepster
Ariana Grande Is the New MAC Viva Glam Ambassador
Get The Look: Jennifer Lawrence’s BraidedUpdo
Women are more likely to fake an orgasm with a partner than a one night stand
A Last-Minute, Year-End Tax Break
Too Faced Melted Matte Liquid Lipsticks (21.00) (Limited Edition)
15 Things A Dietitian Knows, But Your Doctor Doesn’t
Demi Lovato Wavy Hairstyles 2013
3 Rituals Couples Who Are Still Passionate About Each Other Do Daily
40 Disco Ball Tattoo Ideas For Men – Groovy Designs
Social Media should remain switched on during civil unrest
Proof This Cold-Weather Shoe Trend Has Staying Power for Summer
Mens Danner Quarry Usa Brown Alloy Toe Wedge Boots Review – Work Footwear
The Pushup Variation That Will Help You Ditch Doggy Paddle For Good
Date: 06.12.2018, 16:53 / Views: 74373