How to Be the Girl All the Guys Want
There are some girls that guys always seem to be chasing after. So what's the secret to seduction? Unfortunately, there's no magic potion that will make you more desirable, and there's no outfit or workout regimen that guarantees you'll be sought after. But there are some tricks you can use to your advantage to become the girl all the guys want.
Increasing Your Attractiveness
Show off your great personality.Positive personality traits can cause someone to look past negative physical traits and feel attracted towards you.For example, a guy who is normally attracted to thin women might feel attracted to a girl who is slightly overweight if she is kind and outgoing. Try to identify your positive personality traits and let them shine!
- Identify your best traits and watch for opportunities to show them off. For example, if you are a compassionate person, then you might want to engage in some volunteerism. If you are a responsible person, then consider running for class president.
- If you think that you need to work on something, then that is okay. For example, if you are shy, then you might want to work on being more outgoing. If you have a hot temper, then you might want to work on controlling your anger.
Take good care of yourself.You can’t change too much about the way you look, but one study showed that people are more attracted to people who take good care of themselves.Make sure that you take time to groom yourself well every day. Some basic things you can do to increase your attractiveness include:
- Showering every day.
- Styling your hair.
- Brushing your teeth.
- Wearing clean clothes.
Accentuate your best features.Men’s preferences about looks and body type vary widely, so try not to set your sights on looking like a photo in a magazine.Instead, embrace the figure and features you have and try to accentuate them as much as you can.
- For example, if your best feature is your eyes, then you can emphasize them with eye makeup. If your legs are your best feature, then opt for shorts or a short skirt to show them off.
- You can even use a little make-up if you feel like it. You should not wear make-up if you feel uncomfortable doing so, but wearing make-up has been found to increase men’s perception of attractiveness. Try wearing a little make-up and see how it makes you feel. If you like it, then make it a part of your daily routine. Keep in mind that you do not have to wear much make-up to accentuate your best features. For example, you could try wearing a bit of brown mascara and clear lip gloss for a look that brings out your natural beauty. But remember, makeup is a tool, and you can't rely on it to make you look better.
Wear something red.Women who are wearing red seem more attractive to some men.You don't need to wear red all of the time to take advantage of this, but wearing a red top now and then or adding a pop of red with an accessory might be worth a try.
- If you like, you can add a pop of red to your outfit every day with some red lipstick, a pair of red earrings, or a red scarf.
Put on a pair of high heels now and then.High heels have been shown to make men feel more attracted to women.Since high heels are not very comfortable, you may want to save them for special occasions, such as a school dance. You can also try wearing some lower high heels.
Using Body Language and Flirting
Make eye contact and smile.Making eye contact is a powerful way to show a guy that you are interested in him and smiling shows that you are happy and approachable.The next time you are around a guy who you think is cute, try locking eyes with him for a few seconds and flashing him a smile. Doing this will let him know that you think he is cute and you’d like to speak with him.
- This might feel awkward the first time you try it, but keep in mind that he is probably nervous too.
Try mirroring a guy when you talk to him.Mirroring is when you adopt a similar posture to the person with whom you are speaking. For example, if a guy leans in on his elbow, then you could lean in on your elbow as well. Doing this shows that you are interested and increases feelings of closeness.
- Try using mirroring when you are first getting to know someone. You may even start to do it without noticing if you are really enjoying the conversation.
- Don’t copy every move your conversation partner makes. Just mirror him occasionally.
Strike up a conversation.If you want to talk to a guy, you don’t have to wait for him to talk to you. You can just go right up to him and say “hello.” If he responds with a smile and a response, then he probably wants to talk to you too. If he ignores you or gives a curt answer with little or no facial recognition (no smile, no eye contact), then move on to someone else.
- Try asking a question to get a conversation going. For example, you could say something like, “Nice day today, don’t you think?” Or, “I love this café! Don’t you think they have the best coffee?”
Be a good listener.Being a good listener is also important when you are talking to guys. You may be seen as more attractive if you have the ability to show that you are interested and paying close attention to what a guy says. Some good listening skills include:
- Paraphrasing. Try repeating back what a guy says now and then to show him you were paying attention.
- Nodding. Giving an occasional nod will show that you hear and understand what he is saying.
- Avoiding distractions. Never get out your phone or look away when you are talking to a guy you like because it will lead him to believe that you are not interested in him.
Ask open-ended questions.Asking open-ended questions will encourage your conversation partner to talk more than asking a closed question. Closed questions only require short answers, but open ended conversations invite the other person to elaborate.
- For example, you will get a yes or no response if you ask, “Did you have a good day?” Instead, try asking, “How was your day?” This question will show the guy that you want him to talk and that you want to listen.
Keep some things to yourself.Don't give away too much information about yourself, and try to allude to fantastic or strange things you have done. You don't have to lie or be disingenuous, you can tell a story that expands upon your experiences in a thrilling way.
- For example, instead of explaining how you know an obscure fact about baseball, instead laugh, say, "A girl has her ways. Maybe I'll tell you sometime," and breeze forward in the conversation.
Be (somewhat) unavailable.You don't have to arbitrarily shoot down plans or minimize your time with the boys to next to nothing, but by making yourself scarce you'll make the levels of dopamine (the pleasure chemical) rise, which will make finally being able to see you a real treat.
Reign in your emotions.It is important to avoid getting too emotional when you are first getting to know someone. You don't have to be cold or make him feel like his accomplishments are nothing to be proud of, but an excess of emotion may be a little overwhelming. Try to play it cool as much as possible. This will only increase your air of mystery and make him wonder if he really can win you over as his girlfriend.
- For example, don’t jump up and down and scream if he asks you on a date. Instead, try smiling and saying something like, “Sure, that sounds fun. What did you have in mind?”
Exit early.You should think up a plausible reason for leaving beforehand so you're not scrambling to think of one off the top of your head when someone asks, "Aw, why are you leaving?" This can work well with your mystique, as you can allude to a vague appointment. Be polite, cheerful, and assure everyone you'll meet again soon.
- You could say: "I promised a friend of mine I'd help her with a little project. Nothing serious, but really, it's kind of a long story. I hate to leave, but I'll see you soon, for sure."
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Português: , Italiano: , Français: , Deutsch: , 中文: , Русский: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Nederlands: , العربية: , ไทย: , Tiếng Việt: , 한국어:
About This Article
Dec 23, 2019
Nov 24, 2019
Jul 3, 2019
Jun 26, 2019
Nov 6, 2019
Aug 21, 2019
Sep 23, 2019
Sep 25, 2019
Nov 12, 2019
Jun 14, 2019
Nov 9, 2019
Jul 29, 2019
Sep 14, 2019
Apr 30, 2019
Nov 6, 2019
Dec 7, 2019
May 11, 2019
Sep 2, 2019
Nov 26, 2019
Apr 25, 2019
Jul 30, 2019
Sep 2, 2019
Sep 4, 2019
Jun 27, 2019
Dec 18, 2019
Video: Bowling for soup- Girl all the bad guys want lyrics
CASH IN ON HOT HEALTH DEALS AT DINNER WITH CURRY
Valentino Stages a Dance Performance for Fall 2019 Ad Campaign
How to Repair Drywall Tape That Is Separating from Your Walls
7 Struggles Every Extrovert Understands
These Women Are At Risk Of Attack Every Time They Go To The Toilet
How to Use a Heat Gun for Sealing Caps
The New Christian Louboutin Nail Polishes for Spring 2015
How to Buy Wholesale Electronics
Free People November 2013 Lookbook
Eva Mendes interview
How to Answer Interview Questions About Conflict
What It’s Like to Manage Type 2 Diabetes With Insulin