Slow Cooker Chicken with Mushroom Gravy
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 341 | Total Fat: 19 | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 874mg | Carbohydrates: 15g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 28g | SmartPoints: 10
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices nitrate-free bacon, diced (we used turkey bacon)
- 4 boneless, skinless lean chicken breast filets
- 16 ounces sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, low sodium, fat free
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Add oil to a large skillet skillet, turn to medium-high heat, add diced bacon and cook until crisp. Transfer to a plate with a paper towel on it. Add chicken to the skillet and sear chicken on both sides just until golden brown. Remove and place on a paper towel.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add onion to the same skillet, and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add chicken to slow cooker, then cover with diced bacon, onion and remaining ingredients, except for the flour. Cover and cook on low 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours, or on high 1-1/2 to 3 hours, or until chicken is done and easily flakes with a fork.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside. Add flour to slow cooker and whisk until smooth.
Video: Easy Chicken Crock-Pot Slow Cooker Recipe~Chicken Thighs in Cream of Mushroom Soup
Ariana Grande’s Dating Timeline Before Her Engagement to PeteDavidson
Chard and Mushroom Quiche Recipe
Safe Home Painting: A Primer
The Demographics of Young Diabetes
The Most Divisive Colour Is Back in Fashion
How to Dine Al Fresco
This Simple Trick Makes Box Cake Mix 1,000 Times Better
6 Guilt-Free Meals for Under 250 Calories
30 Cute Hijab Styles For University Girls – Hijab Fashion
Alice Olivia FallWinter 2013-2014 RTW – New York Fashion Week
8 Things You Should Never Eat if Youre Trying to Lose Weight
Interior Design Pinspiration: The Glamorous Life
Strawberry Sunrise Smoothie