Spiral Cookie Pops
2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
(2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 tsp. Red and white nonpareils
Ice cream sticks
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the egg, then the vanilla.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated. Remove half of the dough and shape into a 1-inch-thick square. Add the food coloring to the remaining dough and mix to incorporate; shape into a 1-inch-thick square.
- Roll each square between 2 pieces of wax or parchment paper to a 9-by 12-inch rectangle; refrigerate each for at least 10 minutes and no more than 30 (otherwise it will crack when rolling).
- Remove the top layer of parchment from the plain cookie dough and lightly brush with water. Remove the top layer of parchment from the red cookie dough and invert on top of the plain dough. Peel off the red dough parchment and trim so that the edges are straight.
- Lightly brush the red dough with water, then, starting with the long side facing you, using the parchment paper to guide you, roll the dough into a tight cylinder. Refrigerate on parchment for 1 hour (and up to 3 days).
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Lightly brush the outside of the cylinder with water, then roll in the nonpareils. Slice the cookies into 1/4-inch-thick rounds and place cut-side up on the prepared sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart. Gently push an ice cream stick halfway through one end of each.
- Bake, rotating the pans halfway through, until the cookies are lightly golden brown around the edges, 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool on the sheets for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Video: How To Make Cookie Pops | Cookie Lollipop | Sweet Maniacs 💜
Worried Grandson Sends a Pizza Delivery Man to Check On His Grandma After Hurricane Matthew
Why Food And Wine Taste Different On Airplanes
13 Cheap Vacation Destinations
Alison Sweeney On the Accident That Changed Her — And How She Found Her Strength Again
How To Prevent Your Hair From Tangling
Future Commuting: Step Inside Elon Musks Hyperloop Pod
Alexa Meara, MD
How to prepare black kajal kohl at home
Serena Williams has been fined 17,000 over her US Open outburst
Get Trending: Three Ways to Sport a Distressed Tee
Jennifer Lopez Breaks Her Silence On Drake
Date: 30.11.2018, 17:01 / Views: 81331